My name is Joy. My full name is Joy in the Morning/Mourning. I received this name in 1996 after I accepted an invitation to a sweat held somewhere near the Maryland and Virginia border. It was shortly after I completed my Reiki Level II Certification so that I could send healing energy wherever it is needed. The sweat lodge was a heated dome shaped structure in the woods used for purification rights and as a way to promote healthy living. After the sweat I heard the Spirit speak to me about my new name. Since I have Native American roots I didn’t question the name. I accepted the name knowing that God was preparing me to be used on another level.
I know Joy. Joy is a state of mind and an orientation of the heart in which one finds themselves content, confident and hopeful. However, Joy in the Morning speaks to one making it through some difficult nights. I’ve had some difficult nights filled with emotional and physical pain. The pain and scars from the difficult nights could have had me in mourning for quite some time. But God changed my name. When I think things over I realize that all of my good days outweigh the difficult nights so I won’t complain. I know Joy. Joy is the blessed assurance that God is in control. Because I know Joy I have been able to praise God through every situation and circumstance as well as dangers seen and unseen.
It is very important that you know Joy. Joy is a fruit of the spirit. (Galatian 5:22) Joy will take you through the valley of the shadow of death fearing no evil. I AM Joy. I had to go through the valley to get to Joy. I want to share Joy with you so you can be Joy too! I bring Joy and send Joy to those God calls me to serve. God equips those who are called to serve. My presence has healing power and I can help you gain or re-gain a sense of well-being and Joy. Weeping may endure for a night but Joy comes in the Morning/Mourning. I’ll be with you in the mourning and help you turn your sadness into Joy! This Joy that I have the world didn’t give it to me and the world can’t take it away. The Joy of the Lord is my strength!
If you want to know more Joy in your living, you can practice the following activities daily:
- Service – Help somebody who may be going through a tough time.
- Gratitude – At the end of each day review the best things about the day and be grateful for those things. Having gratitude will help improve your mood and strengthen your immune system.
- Play – Give yourself permission to have some fun. Playing more will increase your creativity and help you relieve stress.
- Relax – Take a break. Time outs, naps or vacations will help you to rejuvenate your spirit.
- Move – Take a class. Go for a walk. Turn on your favorite music and dance. 20 minutes of cardio each day can lift your mood for up to 24 hours.
- Pray – Pray without ceasing. Stay in constant communication with God who is the giver of every good and perfect gift including Joy. For more information about Joy, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.